In this role, we provide oversight and co-ordinate activities of providers from within and outside our network to ensure timely and efficient provision of fit for purpose data.
We believe that, by bringing the contributors together with regular meetings, we generate a value that is greater than the sum of the parts.
Three projects we have supported with project management services have entered clinical development, and we believe this points to our impact and success.
There are a number of questions that we are often asked:
How does it work?
One of the key elements of a successful project is the co-ordination of activities ranging from pre-clinical assays, CMC, toxicology, regulatory interactions and IND-enabling studies. Our service is built on three key success factors:
- Firstly, we manage and co-ordinate the activities of suppliers so that material and data are generated at the appropriate time and with no delays.
- Secondly, we do not believe that each function is an island and all have experience and opinions that can positively influence a project. Therefore, we like to schedule regular project meetings where all functions attend and build an understanding of the project needs and challenges.
- Thirdly, we understand the uncertainties! We know from experience that unanticipated findings in one study can have knock-on effects on the overall project. – we are highly responsive to this dynamic and skilled at identifying creative ways to keep a project on track
This approach has proven to be effective and we have had very positive feedback from both customers and suppliers.
Is TherapeuAix trying to take over my project?
Not at all! We work with and support the internal project team leader and often create a critical mass for the constructive challenge that we believe is an essential part of a successful project.
Why do customers request that TherapeutAix provide project management?
There are many reasons including:
- Lack of time – Many project leaders, due to commitments within or outside the company, simply do not have the time for project management. We provide the day to day support – the project leader provides the direction!
- Inexperience – Many of our customers are University spin-outs. We often find that we are working with brilliant academic scientists who have not had experience in running a full pharma project.
- Education – We have extensive experience in leading and managing projects from early stages through to clinical proof of concept. We love to share this experience and, by our nature, are coaches and mentors. It is always the case that the project team evolves and learns as the project progresses and we take it as a sign of success when we are no longer needed!
- Experience – We work with an extensive and increasing list of suppliers and can quickly create a shortlist of proven options for a given service. One size does not fit all, and the final choice of provider is with the client. We like to maintain a good relationship with the providers and give feedback on successful and unsuccessful proposals. Note: we have no financial or personal interest in the selection of provider.
Is it expensive to have TherapeutAix manage our project?
Not necessarily! With the commitment from both sides to provide regular project support, typically one day a week or month, we are able to offer considerable discount to our normal fees. Importantly though, we are always available at short notice to help navigate through emerging findings and the inherent uncertainties of medicines discovery & development.
To discuss how TherapeutAix can help in progressing your project, please do get in touch!